There are more than 100,000 people living with dementia, according to the Alzheimer’s Association, but only around 20,000 have the disease, and only about 30,000 of those live with symptoms, according the Alzheimer Foundation. 

“The average person with Alzheimer’s will not be able to function properly for more than 10 to 20 years,” said Dr Stephen Egan, a neurologist at the Alzheimer Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, who has treated more than 40,000 patients with the disease. 

The condition is so difficult to diagnose that some people do not even know they have it.

“The main thing you have to do is to try and find a way to put it right,” said Egan. 

Egan’s own family had been diagnosed with Alzheimer at the age of four.

He was sent to live with relatives in Canada for three years, and he later moved back to the US to work in the health care industry.

“It was very hard,” said his father, who had been in his 70s when he died.

“The hardest part was just the sheer pain of trying to keep up with the dementia, and just the inability to see a doctor or a psychologist, which was the worst thing.”

Egan had been prescribed a drug called ketanserin to help with the pain and fatigue, but it had side effects that made it harder to keep his eyes open.

He says he still feels the effects of the drug.

“It was really hard to deal with.

It was like you could never be in the moment, you couldn’t get a job, you had to go into your own room and sleep, you just couldn’t function,” he said.

Egan says he had to work nights, but said the drugs made it even harder to get through those days.

“We had to put the drug on the back burner because we couldn’t see a psychiatrist or a nurse.

We were on the streets, we didn’t have money.

We couldn’t afford to go out and buy a cane or something.

And then we were left with all of the problems we had, which I can’t really describe.”

It was a time of crisis and depression for Egan’s father, his mother, and his younger brother, who also had the disease and had to deal from home. 

After he was discharged from the hospital, Egan started working at a medical instrument store in his native Pennsylvania, and soon after that, his father had to return to work, and it became too hard to work.

“We were all really in the middle of the depression, really struggling,” he recalled.

“There was no real social support.

We had no one who could help us,” he added.”

Then we had a couple of really tough weeks when we got sick and then we had to take care of the kids, and we didn”t have enough money to feed them, he said, adding that the depression was especially bad during the time he was working at the store. 

When he started to think about his dad’s condition, he wanted to help his father.

“I felt like if I could do anything to help my father, I would do it.

It’s just like, I don”t know, you know, I feel like this is the right thing to do,” Egan said.”

My dad was diagnosed with dementia at the time, and that was the hardest thing for me to deal on.

“Eager to help, Eagan decided to get a medical device, which would allow him to work at home with the help of his father and brother, but he couldn”t afford it. 

He decided to build his own. 

At first, Eberg wanted to do a wristwatch to help him keep track of the time and distance, but soon realised that this would be too much. 

For months, Eberts brother and father would not let him take his own watch. 

Eventually, Ebers brother was able to find a piece of metal with a mechanical spring attached to it, and with that he was able finally to make the bracelet that he used for his father.” 

I thought, I need to do this for my dad,” he told ABC News. “

That was like a lifetime of money.

I thought, I need to do this for my dad,” he told ABC News. 

It took Eberg about a year and a half to build the bracelet, which he has been wearing for the past five years. 

A couple of weeks ago, Eburg received a call from his father who had come to visit. 

In the phone call, Ebert told his father that he needed to get the watch repaired. 

On Thursday, Eberger returned to the store, and on Friday morning, he received a phone call