A doctor’s notes have been issued by the Supreme Court to two doctors who have allegedly paid bribes to a hospital to allow them to take care of their elderly patients.

The Supreme Court has issued the notes to the two doctors to show that they have complied with the orders of the court.

The apex court has ordered that the doctors’ notes be submitted to the hospitals by March 31.

The two doctors, Dr Prashant Sharma and Dr Kishan Sharma, were arrested in January after an FIR was lodged against them by the Delhi Government alleging that they had paid Rs 5,000 to Dr Prasad Sharma to procure care of a sick relative.

Dr Sharma was also accused of procuring a medical examination report from Dr Prachanda Gupta, a resident of Puducherry.

According to the FIR filed by the government, Dr Sharma had obtained a doctorate from the Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College of India in Pune in 2014 and took his credentials as a physician from the University of Pune.

He had then transferred to the University Hospital, Delhi and practised medicine in Pudukottai, a rural area in Rajasthan, before returning to Pune and becoming a medical doctor there.

The FIR also alleged that Dr Sharma allegedly received a bribe from Dr Gupta for his services.

According the FIR, the two men had allegedly taken a trip to Pudugottai on December 13, 2015, for a medical test, where they were to have a blood test for a suspected heart ailment.

When the doctor failed to provide the blood sample, the patient was taken to the hospital by Dr Sharma who then took the sample.

After the test was done, the doctor returned to Delhi.

The FIR said the hospital gave Dr Sharma the samples, but the doctor later failed to give them to the doctor, who was also a resident at the hospital.

According to the complaint, the hospital had also paid Dr Sharma Rs 5 lakh for his personal expenses while the hospital was charging him Rs 1.5 lakh for a private exam.

The doctor had been allegedly taking care of his sick relative in the hospital from January 2, 2016 to March 31, 2016.

The complaint said Dr Sharma, the first person in the state to be arrested for allegedly defrauding a government hospital, had not paid the bribe to Dr Gupta and did not know about the medical examination of the patient that was allegedly being conducted on December 12, 2015.

The court had issued notices to the accused doctors on February 16 and May 10, respectively, asking them to furnish the hospital’s report and the medical reports of the patients.

The Supreme Court had asked the doctors to file an affidavit before the court on April 3, requesting them to submit the medical records of the two patients who had died, who were taken to Puntland hospital from December 13 to 16, 2015 and who had been taken to various private hospitals in the same day.